4 wheel steering.

4 wheel steering.

kickitandholdit

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'53 CJ3B
i figured id do this thread just for the heck of it.

so i drove a big fork lift today that had 4 wheel steering. it was so fun to be able to turn the back tires to have such a small turning radius and also be able to turn all 4 tires to the right or left and drive sideways. its obvious this probably wont be done to my jeep unless i make crazy amounts of money in the future but how far of a stretch is this? is it really that difficult to do? or is it just getting rear tire clearance and a bunch of parts? anybody have any pics or stories of a normal non rock crawler jeep with 4 wheel steering?

if not, whats your opinion on doing this to an average CJ?

The GMC Sierra Denali had/has this option. I think it started in 2002 and was computer controlled depending on your speed.

You should do it. Buy some Crane inner c's and knuckles, get some custom axle shafts made, buy some hyro gear, do some chopping for clearance, and post up pics. :D

I think I've read that by the time you get done chopping the body for clearance, you might as well build a tube buggy with 4ws. look around...there are tons of videos of buggies with rear steer.
BTW, most of the rear steer systems are not street legal in most states, those that have a centering device and/or lockouts might pass DMV's eyes...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks