Misc Light switch stuck in?

Misc Light switch stuck in?

rsamsel

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ7 w/304
Hello all.

New to me 1976 CJ. It's a little bit of a running project.

All big mechanicals work along with the heater, brake lights, and speedo...other than that I'm working through issues.

First weird issue. The headlight switch is stuck in. I assume it pulls out to turn the lights on. It doen't pull out AT ALL. I saw there is a button release on the switch. That doesn't do anything either. Any ideas?

I guess if I can't make it do anything what is the best suggestion for cutting it out and replacing it?

Thank you,
Rob

:welcome:
I've had them stuck before because of rain / rust in an open CJ I bought. One I was able to free up with PB Blaster but the other I had use a cut-off wheel and slice of the stem.

:welcome:
I've had them stuck before because of rain / rust in an open CJ I bought. One I was able to free up with PB Blaster but the other I had use a cut-off wheel and slice of the stem.
I'll start soaking it tonight. This is going to be the definition of a stupid question but it worked like all the old switches work right? IE once out for parking lights and two humps out for parking and headlights....

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom