Lower Forty

Lower Forty

LongHorn

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83'CJ-8 Scrambler Slightly Modified;),48'CJ2A, 54'CJ3B 67'Jeep M-725, 88'YJeep Wrangler Slightly Modified;)
Wow I'm not really a JK guy, but whata concept! Look's like it would be a great daily driver. To bad though, I doubt if "Fix It Again Tony" has the nads to put a product like that on the road. It would have to be electric. I hope that was not to politically incorrect.;)

This thing? I'm not to sure that I like it... But that's just me.

web03-lower40.jpg

After having to fix my wifes 08 Rubicon's back axle 3 times, what a joke of an axle, I winder how long till he bends a shaft with those tires.
Trends come and go in Jeeps, seems the max flex trend is dyeing and it is going over to a huge tires with minimal lift trend. I see a lot of the magazines are writing about that. Could be a recession thing also. But anyway magazines need to sell subscriptions so they hype up the latest trend and thousands flock to the koolaid and drink it.
I was on one of my favorite modern jeep sites last night and some guy, who admitted to being brand new to jeeps was talking about how he needed to build a GM 14 rear axle so he would not break his. Man o man I thought you will need 37s just to clear a speed bump with that axle. But he is convinced because a magazine printed a few articles about the gm 14 inch and he has to have one.
A fool and his money

Hmm Sounds like a young man I talked to recently...

After having to fix my wifes 08 Rubicon's back axle 3 times, what a joke of an axle, I winder how long till he bends a shaft with those tires.
Trends come and go in Jeeps, seems the max flex trend is dyeing and it is going over to a huge tires with minimal lift trend. I see a lot of the magazines are writing about that. Could be a recession thing also. But anyway magazines need to sell subscriptions so they hype up the latest trend and thousands flock to the koolaid and drink it.
I was on one of my favorite modern jeep sites last night and some guy, who admitted to being brand new to jeeps was talking about how he needed to build a GM 14 rear axle so he would not break his. Man o man I thought you will need 37s just to clear a speed bump with that axle. But he is convinced because a magazine printed a few articles about the gm 14 inch and he has to have one.
A fool and his money

Blame it on the consumer society. If they don't change the style, you don't buy new :dung:. ;)

Hmm Sounds like a young man I talked to recently...
Hell, I have 1ton drivetrain on every thing I drive anyway. I just got sick & tired of having to replace parts after every run. I like to be able to drive to & from, unlike all my trailer queen buddies.:driving:

Saw this at the auto show tonight. I like the Hemi V8 390 HP.

Attachments

• Lower 48 Hemi Jeep.jpg
    Lower 48 Hemi Jeep.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 2,308
  • Lower 48.jpg
    Lower 48.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 5.7 390 HP.jpg
    5.7 390 HP.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 548
  • Hemi Jeep.jpg
    Hemi Jeep.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 347
  • Dragon Jeep.jpg
    Dragon Jeep.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,241
Yea, at least it's got some horsepower.
What's with the 3.8L that comes in all newer Wranglers?
An SRT8 package would be fun.

Too bad it will NOT be a production vehicle:(:(:(:(:(:(

I would sell my wifes wrangler and trade my Tacoma in for one.

Man have you been in the garden shed? Did you find a shovel to dig all these old threads up :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom