SirCrisp

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ-7 Spring Special.
2.5L 4cyl.
dana 300 transfer case.
dana 30 in front and amc 20 in back.
Hey everyone. Bought this Jeep a couple years ago and am still discovering things on it every time I get into it. It is intended to be a restoration but it will take a looooong time since I'm still in college and making minimum wage.

Anyway here it is a month ago after I added a winch, cv driveshaft, new bilstein 5150 shocks, tires, and I sprayed bedliner on the inside.

Kje1b.jpg

3Um8H.jpg

Spare tire looks funky. I have a 33" to put back there but I don't have a rim for the tire.

A few days after I took that picture some kid drove into my lane directly into the front of my Jeep. Luckily we were both only going about 30 mph.

One of my leafsprings took most the impact but it bent my axle housing a little bit and tweaked the frame. Pushed everything back pretty far.

HLKFj.jpg

yo0Bo.jpg

94Rdh.jpg

After the wreck the insurance company totalled it and gave me $4500 for it. I'm using that for repairs. Right now it is in the shop having the frame pulled, new axle put on, and I'm replacing the horrible 4in Rancho lift kit with a better brand. I had to replace that brand new shock too on the side that got hit. It was only about 12 days old.

Oh I'm also having it repainted the same color while it's in there, it needs a fresh look ;).

I got the money for all the mods before the wreck by selling my 2001 GSXR 600. It was a tough decision and I REALLY miss having a motorcycle but the Jeep needed work and I needed tools. Bought myself everything I would need for body work.

Eventually I'll save up to get the original spring special decals put back on because I really love the fact that it is such a rare Jeep and I bought it with no clue.
I'm also needing a bumper, if anyone wants to sell one PM me :]

My future plans are to install a YJ rollbar, and I have a bit of rust eating through the rear wheel wells and rollbar so I want to try to put some new metal in this Summer break.

I'm pretty new to mechanics and I don't have a mentor except for the internet. I'm hoping to learn to rebuild my engine eventually and I'd also like to replace the clutch but it seems like a big job and I don't have and stands for the Jeep just my Hi-Lift.

Anyway, will update whenever I get it back :]

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks