temp gauge

temp gauge

wadeo5247

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj7 5 speed strait six with FI
2007 dodge mega cab 4x4 5.9 Cummings
Hey I bought a new mechanical temp gauge for my cj7 (304) and it wont fit in the factory hole, my buddy said I can drill and tap the manifold, is this right if so where at, or do I have some more options. Thanks in advance

I would say you have the wrong temp sender. Make it easy on yourself and get the right one. Try the stock one and see if it works.

I believe the factory one does work however the gauge is totally busted and useless, I also have elec. fans that I have to turn on manually so that's why I'm wanting to go with a mech. gauge plus it will give me accurate actual numbers

go to napa, look at the brass fittings, sellect the one or ones you need, install, whalla! temp gauge.

So what you are saying is that the hole is to small? When I did this on the 454 IN my truck I used one of the drain plugs on the side of the block. you might want to try that.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks