Volt meter/ am meter anyone

gert

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Lifetime Supporter
Donator
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 cj7, 1971 Dart, 1942 Willys slat grill
Anyone run a volt meter with an am meter?

My volt sunpro gage crapped out and I suspect my voltage regulator is acting funny on my alternator..... that got me to looking at volt/ammeters online and I found one that does both...... it’s digital and best part is it’s cheap lol

Do any of you guys run one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FN3VXH4/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Sent from my kitchen watching my 3 year old eat his dinner at bed time instead of dinner time using Tapatalk

Well I bought the volt/amp meter and it’s pretty cool easy install.... I threw it on in a hurry to see if it would work and it does so time to tidy up the wiring mess

763809aed2c430a3404e7d8af9c2838e.jpg3c363f027a6c975d0a4f6f679a2daf8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol speaking of liking that gage, you can clearly see the super accurate Sunpro gage above it the reason I bought the new one

LOL @ the sunpro gauge stuck at 10 volts!!

Was there a reason you were looking at amp meters gert? Other than the novelty factory, which is the reason I have a working vacuum gauge in my dash, we're you concerned that you were overdrawing your alternator?

LOL @ the sunpro gauge stuck at 10 volts!!

Was there a reason you were looking at amp meters gert? Other than the novelty factory, which is the reason I have a working vacuum gauge in my dash, we're you concerned that you were overdrawing your alternator?

Yes, sure was I have the factory 79 10si 63amp alternator that I got with my motor 15 some odd years ago, recently I got stranded in another town with a dead battery and the parts store guy said that my alternator failed the voltage regulation test. I tried getting another alternator while I was in that town but neither of the parts stores had one in stock, that’s when I noticed the rusty terminals on the alternator cleaned them re installed it drove home and has seemed to work great since, I have several lights I plan to add to my Jeep as well as the winch so I would like to keep good tabs on the performance of my alternator before I spend $100 on a new 90 amp 12si alternator for the sake of having one, I have plenty of other things that leak or don’t work that I need to tend to before upgrading my alternator

You know right now I have HEI ignition, carter electric fuel pump, headlights and Taurus dual radiator fans and it seems that my 63amp alt is not working very hard. I am getting consistent readings of less than 1 amp going to the battery where I have the shiny mounted. I would like to add TBI to my motor and conventional wisdom would deem the more expensive 100amp alternator as the choice to go with but I am wondering if I really need it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom