1976 cj5 ?

1976 cj5 ?

1sickcj

Jeeper
Thanks
I just got a 76 cj 5 it had a 304 in it previously and comes with that engine that needs rebuilt and a 258 il6 thats supose to run would
I have to change anything to drop the 258 in there is a 3 speed
trans in it now thanks for any help

I just got a 76 cj 5 it had a 304 in it previously and comes with that engine that needs rebuilt and a 258 il6 thats supose to run would
I have to change anything to drop the 258 in there is a 3 speed
trans in it now thanks for any help
Hello 1sickcj and welcome to the site! :chug: (back off from the beer Susie... :))

You can drop the I6 in with relatively little problems.

You would need to swap out 1 frame mount for the engine and maybe have to slightly move the trans mount. You would also need the assorted radiator and heater hoses, motor mounts, exhaust rework, throttle cable and a little rewiring (for location).

Hey! maybe we can swap some parts! I have a 258 in one of mine and I will need V-8 stuff to install a 360. Motor mounts, throttle cable ect.

BTW Welcome to the best CJ site on the web!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks