2 Barrel carb

2 Barrel carb

CoreyYoungCj577

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj7 232 inline 6,Dana 20 Tc,T-150 Trans, stock diffs.
Ok guys as you all should know since you seem to read my post alot i have a 77 CJ7 with the AMC 232 i6 3 speed.

Well a fellow jeeper in my town gave me a free rebuilt 2 barrel carb, he has a bad <-BAD WORD-> CJ7 its got everything i want, but back to the topic, where can i find a manifold for my AMC 232 i6 straight six that will fit a 2 barrel carb, or if ya have any laying around just send them my way :drool: lol

I got mine off a pacer or a gremlin I think. keep an eye on E Bay and CL, don't forget you may need the linkage as well, and the air cleaner. The one BBl breather will fit but unless you put a taller filter in it , to open the side 360 deg. it will want to run way too rich.and of course you can always go the after market breather route. oh yea one more question; this is a carter carburetor?? You got a AMC 232 i6 ?? wow an E block , the last one of those I saw was in a rambler wagon.

Last edited:
I got mine off a pacer or a gremlin I think. keep an eye on Ebay and CL, don't forget you may need the linkage as well, and the air cleaner. The one BBl breather will fit but unless you put a taller filter in it , to open the side 360 deg. it will want to run way too rich.and of course you can always go the aftermarket breather route.

You are a wealth of information my friend and always help me out, but basically i need a new exhaust manifold for a two barrel and maybe the linkage along with a 2 barrel air filter holder and air filter? could you find me a pic of what i would need?

I got mine off a pacer or a gremlin I think. keep an eye on E Bay and CL, don't forget you may need the linkage as well, and the air cleaner. The one BBl breather will fit but unless you put a taller filter in it , to open the side 360 deg. it will want to run way too rich.and of course you can always go the after market breather route. oh yea one more question; this is a carter carburetor?? You got a AMC 232 i6 ?? wow an E block , the last one of those I saw was in a rambler wagon.

Yes a carter carb both of them that i have are and the new two barrel has 200 miles on it and is that a bad thing that i have a E block?

OK first you need an Intake manifold the exhaust will work there are spacers and such that go under the carburetter and I think you will have to mount a throttle linkage on the intake but I will have to look tomorrow. these parts will be a target of opportunity, they will take time to find they quit making them a long time ago. If a manifold pops up be ready to grad it it can go for any where from 25 to AMC 150 Bucks, you want the $25 one!!
The best advise I can give you right now is to put the carb on a shelf and work with what you have until you can drive it, then start changing it. You have your hands full already bud, there are more than a few web pages about the carter two barrel, there are good things and bad just like every other part of just about any vehicle on the planet. see what you can learn about it and we can talk more.:chug:

there is nothing wrong with the E block it just means you have a AMC 232 i6 what is the entire block number?? just for my curiosity. I would like to know when it was made and where.

I loaded shots of the carburetor on my gallery.:banana:

the build code is 1 =1977, 6 (should be 06) =June, The E ,of course is AMC 232 i6 , 30 is the day of the month.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom