2100 cab problemo's

Rusty Shank

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 cj7 golden eagle
304 with a automatic trans, Quadratrac w/Hi-Lo BW 1339 transfer case
3.5 lift. Rear locker 32in tires
Power steering. Front disk breaks drum in the rear.
3 core radiator
I am running a AMC 304 and a AL 2100. The carb has been dipped and rebuilt and still stumble's when you take off hard on the throttle. The idle is good and the choke works just that darn stumble. Anyone know how to cure this...

Just for grins, are you running the distributor on ported or manifold vacuum?? If you are not already, try using manifold vacuum and see if you have any change.:cool:

I am running a AMC 304 and a AL 2100. The carb has been dipped and rebuilt and still stumble's when you take off hard on the throttle. The idle is good and the choke works just that darn stumble. Anyone know how to cure this...

I'm betting your power valve is either bad, or its the wrong size.

Do you know what size power valve you're running? Take a vacuum reading, the vacuum off of the distributor, whatever that number is, divide it by 2, that is the size power valve you should be running. If it's 16in/Hg, then you need an 8, so on and so forth.

You can use Holley power valves in an Autolite/Motorcraft carb, & you can get them at Summit or Jegs :chug:

Last edited:
When you open the throttle blades rapidly you get a temperary lean condition in the engine (stumble) because you are transitioning from the idle circuit to the main fuel circuit. As ELWOOD has pointed out you need to look at your power valve since the purpose of the power valve is to squirt a jet of fuel into the carb until the main circuit kicks in :chug: hope this carb theroy helps

The check ball under the accelerator pump didn't get left out, did it?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom