3 speed tranny Swap?

3 speed tranny Swap?

Hotrod Robby

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ7 6 cyl. Dana 30 front axle AMC Model 20 rear axle. 3" suspension lift, 31" tires, AGR steering pump shaft and box. Driven daily.
I have a 3 speed Transmission in my 6 cylinder 1976 CJ7 . I am looking to trailer motorcycles and put on some highway miles. Anybody out there ever swap out a 3 speed for a 5 speed. if so, what tranny do I go with and what customizing has to be done to install it? :confused:

I have a 3 speed Transmission in my 6 cylinder 1976 CJ7 . I am looking to trailer motorcycles and put on some highway miles. Anybody out there ever swap out a 3 speed for a 5 speed. if so, what tranny do I go with and what customizing has to be done to install it? :confused:

You could find a T-5 taken out from a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l and check the Transfer Case that would come with it, because im 99% sure it would be a Dana 300 and if not and it didnt come with a Transfer Case you would have to buy an adapter from novak or advance adapted for your Dana 20 they usually run about 500 bucks. There could be some minor details im missing as to how it will bolt in because that i do not know.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom