304 motor mount/ mounted pics???

304 motor mount/ mounted pics???

shawn1979cj7

Jeeper
Thanks
i was woundering if any one had a pic or 2 of a AMC 304 mounted in a CJ7 ???
i'm gonna be putting one in "soon" and just wanted an idea of where my mounts might go..ok thanks to all you jeepers out there!!:)

thanks again admin!!!:chug: on the 1st subject about the dist. wires....ok call me stupid but...the dist on my AMC 304 is a elec dist... correct? does that mean i wont have a "coil pack"??? the big batt looking thing i got on the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l ?? ha ha "the batt looking thing":D....sorry i'm a set up welder!! ok .... so i just checked the wires and i got the 3 old wires to dist."that we talked about earlyer" they are org.,violet purple, and blk....then i got a red and a drk green wire that did go to the "coil pack" that was on my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l .......so again "call me stupid" but what u think:eek::notworthy: ??

If you have an electronic dist. in the AMC 304 you will need a ignition module and a coil. You can purchase the factory module for your year of engine or use an aftermarket one or even better do a Team Rush upgrade.

First thing we need to know is does your engine have a Prestolite distributor of a Motorcraft distributor. If it is the prestolite you have to change to a Motorcraft to do a Team Rush mod -->> http://www.junkyardgenius.com/ignition/jeep/jeep01.html (the definitive AMC ignition page by Team Rush) A great step by step otion for a team Rush on a V8 -->> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820615&page=2 If you have a Prestolite - I would definitely change it out.

And, if you don't feel like doing all that work - you can buy an HEI dist that has it all in one unit - you will have to make wires though... HEI Billet Distributor and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware (use the link at the top of the forum and the site receives a little % of your purchase... :) )

There are many options to get the ignition system working in that CJ. Fist thing we need to know is distributor type and what coil type you have.

thanks admin....well unfort. i got the "peice of pooh" pres. dist....i dont even see a coil anywhere??? but the dist. was out anyways so since i get to have fun doing "timing" anyways....i prefer to do it right...in your liking do u prefer the hei?? exspecialy w my elec ability!!!!:D ok another thought...i looked at the "ign. cont. mod " fore my 79' AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l ....it seems the v8 "AMC 304 " in the same year used the same ign. cont mod..... i guess my question is could i use the same ign. cont. mod i have now and use a coil for a 79' v8 and a 79' motorcraft "new" dist???? or am i all messed up on my thinking???:eek: ok please bare with me!!!!!!!:notworthy::chug:

Well shawn1979cj7...

First - It's CJ, I get bashful and big headed when I get called Admin - yet it is appropriate! :laugh:

I am by no means an expert on the V8 vs the V6 modules but...

The first question I have to ask is, what are your intentions with this Jeep?

Do you want to wheel it and make it reliable? If so, we need to ditch that Prestolite stuff and do what is right.

Honestly answer my last question and we can give a better direction...

ok cj...sorry about that:)........ yeh this is going to be my only veh. for awhile..... my wife has a newer dakota..but we'll leave that be!!! ha ha ... yeh i have read about the preso...dist.... it is already out!!!! i checked out the sites u sugg. and thank u ...very helpful!!:notworthy: thanks again shawn:chug:

Shwan - For $100 bucks you can get that HEI and for about 30-70 more wires...

If you just want a pretty good dist for a while I suggest the HEI from 4wd (use our link to buy it at the top of the page). I put one on a friends V8 CJ a while ago and it has been working great!

You can get wires from Summit Racing.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks