304 timing chain

304 timing chain

Dennis 762

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76 CJ5 AMC 304 T150 TRANS DANA 20 T-CASE
This may seem like a silly question.
How do you remove the timing gear from the cam?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I removed the bolt and the gear will not slide off the camshaft

Try a combination of Yield spray, light prying with a large heavy screwdriver & tapping in the center with a small hammer.;)

Yield: A product of Chemsearch (800-527-9921)
That's what I use, but JB-80, Liquid Wrench or whatever you like.:cool:

Try a combination of Yield spray, light prying with a large heavy screwdriver & tapping in the center with a small hammer.;)

Yield: A product of Chemsearch (800-527-9921)
That's what I use, but JB-80, Liquid Wrench or whatever you like.:cool:

Thanks just wanted to make sure there is no special puller needed.

It really SHOULD come off pretty easily. When you pry, do it as close to the hub as you can. Not that it's likely to matter a whole lot - I assume you're taking it off to replace it along with the chain & the crank sprocket. It'll come off easier if you pry it near the hub, anyway. Finger pressure is USUALLY plenty to get it to come loose, but a small bent prybar will give ya lots of control.

It really SHOULD come off pretty easily. When you pry, do it as close to the hub as you can. Not that it's likely to matter a whole lot - I assume you're taking it off to replace it along with the chain & the crank sprocket. It'll come off easier if you pry it near the hub, anyway. Finger pressure is USUALLY plenty to get it to come loose, but a small bent prybar will give ya lots of control.
I appreciate the help with this.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom