305 measurments

305 measurments

Muddog

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ3a
i know some of you guys have a amc304, what i need is the diminsions of one to see if i can shoehorn it into my CJ3a i need from front to the back and from the bottom of the oil pan to the top of the air cleaner.

Length of the 305 from flywheel to water pump flange is 29.42". Height from bottom of the oil pan to the top of the valve covers is 22.01", and width from head to head (widest point) is 20.08"

Oh wait...you want a AMC 304

Length is 29.25" from water pump flange to flywheel mounting surface, height is 21.25" from the bottom of the oil pan to the top of the valve covers, width is 21.50 head to head.

Last edited:
Just from my little experience with a CJ2a that had a 327 Chevy in it, you will probably need to run a hood scoop to keep the engine high enough to keep the axle from hitting the oil pan on a hard landing.

Just from my little experience with a CJ2a that had a 327 Chevy in it, you will probably need to run a hood scoop to keep the engine high enough to keep the axle from hitting the oil pan on a hard landing.
We "dropped" a 350 in a 2a and we had to trim down the front clip and mount the radiator in the back :D

thanx for all the information. after talking with the wife and taking a few mesurments. i think ill keep an eye out of a good v6

Chevy s10 4.3 i think? Or a Dauntless Buick 225 V6 ... The chevy s10 can come with throttle body injection :rolleyes:

And possibly pretty cheap
:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom