360 Flywheel

360 Flywheel

Canadian CJ 7

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Current Setup 1985 Jeep CJ-258, 6cyl -T-5 5spd 273 gears.
I am looking for a new manual flywheel for my AMC 360 since it came with a automatic flywheel, out of 73 Javelin with a 727 Transmission . Does anybody know where you can buy one from. I am going to be bolting it to my T-176 4 speed.

Cheers, Brian :chug:

I also am rebuilding a 360 to go into a 82 CJ5 . I have been looking around for a used or new flywheel locally. Good luck with that unless you find someone wrecking a truck. I am going south this winter from AB and will pick one up in Phoenix.

Derf, Thanks for the link but I would take their info with a grain of salt. According to the info posted at the 4WD site, it fits a CJ from 72 - 91, unfortunately Jeep never produced a CJ with a 360... :(

Gitz - give us the head casting #'s - that will help narrow down the year you have. The Wagoneer was produced from 63 -91, but I'm pretty sure the 360 was not offered until 1971, BUT -the 71 - 73 360 use a different fly wheel then the 74 - 79 and the 80 -87 or the 99 - 91. Head casting #'s will help here... :)

Derf, Thanks for the link but I would take their info with a grain of salt. According to the info posted at the 4WD site, it fits a CJ from 72 - 91, unfortunately Jeep never produced a CJ with a 360... :(

Gitz - give us the head casting #'s - that will help narrow down the year you have. The Wagoneer was produced from 63 -91, but I'm pretty sure the 360 was not offered until 1971, BUT -the 71 - 73 360 use a different fly wheel then the 74 - 79 and the 80 -87 or the 99 - 91. Head casting #'s will help here... :)

CJ - My heads are being rebuilt so I cannot get the #'s now. I don't want to hijack Brian's thread so I will post a new thread when I get the info. Thanks to all.
Don

Thanks CJ and Derf for the links. I would phone both of your links and inquire further for the right flywheel. At least it's a starting place. Thanks again for your help.

Cheers, Brian :chug:

Another good link, they state the 360 uses the same flywheel from 72 -91, this just makes it more confusing...

I got mine from Derf....:laugh: :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom