JCsCJ

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'86 CJ7 Laredo
'08 Ford F250
'08 Ducati 848
I am new to the jeep world and plannin on goin thru my axles. I was wondering which gear ratio is better. I have a 86 CJ7 Laredo with a chevy 350, Auto Transmission , stock Dana 30 and AMC20 axles, and 33" tires. Plan on puttin in 1 piece axle, new gears, front and real lockers. My jeep will be mainly used for off road in Georgia where we have some rocks to crawl in the mountains and tons of red clay everywhere else. I dont plan on the jeep being on the Interstate any, but would still be drivin around on the back roads and around town. Thanks.

I am new to the jeep world and plannin on goin thru my axles. I was wondering which gear ratio is better. I have a 86 CJ7 Laredo with a chevy 350, Auto Transmission , stock Dana 30 and AMC20 axles, and 33" tires. Plan on puttin in 1 piece axle, new gears, front and real lockers. My jeep will be mainly used for off road in Georgia where we have some rocks to crawl in the mountains and tons of red clay everywhere else. I dont plan on the jeep being on the Interstate any, but would still be drivin around on the back roads and around town. Thanks.

used mostly for off road with very little on road use,i would use the 4.10 gears or maybee even a little lower for crawlin around..................chris

For mostly offroad and no interstate go 4:56 or 4:88's.
or you could go with the 4:10 and do a 4:1 Transfer Case gear set.
I have 4:10's and 33's and wish I'd gone 4:88's for the rocks.

I used Superior.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom