4 speed trans ?

4 speed trans ?

shepherd1

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1974 CJ5
I was woundering if anyone knows the name of the stock 4-speed Transmission that came in a 1974 CJ5 ? I pulled my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l on friday and we noticed that you can reach down and grb the input shaft and wiggle it up and down and side to side. I'm thinking the bearings are shot, but never rebuilt a Transmission before, and one close to me that knows how to do it?

I was woundering if anyone knows the name of the stock 4-speed Transmission that came in a 1974 CJ5 ? I pulled my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l on friday and we noticed that you can reach down and grb the input shaft and wiggle it up and down and side to side. I'm thinking the bearings are shot, but never rebuilt a Transmission before, and one close to me that knows how to do it?

I would guess a T-18 with 4to1 low.
I assume it's iron cased.

Brock said a pic would help to make sure.

The T-18 was the STOCK optional 4-speed for that year, but we don't dare assume ANYTHING about any previously owned Jeep. The PO could have started with nothing more than a serial number tag. Let's see some pics.

The T-18 was the STOCK optional 4-speed for that year, but we don't dare assume ANYTHING about any previously owned Jeep. The PO could have started with nothing more than a serial number tag. Let's see some pics.

That's why I said guess.;)

Yup. :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom