Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 Jeep Cj5 Renegade
I258 1987 Engine
Aisin Warner Ax15 Transmission
Dana 300 Transfer Case
I just recently disassembled and reassembled my shifter linkages to remove the Transfer Case and realized there is a lot of slop in the rod that the shifter rotates on. I am wondering if anyone would guess if the rod itself is worn out or if its the aluminum holder(part of the Transfer Case ). Either way is there an easy fix? I will buy a new rod if thats the case, but otherwise maybe there are sleeve inserts to fix the wear?

Thanks for the insight!

could you please five a model of t case and year please

I suppose that would be helpful huh? Its a Dana 300 Transfer Case , the vehicle is a 1980 but not 100 percent if the T case is. The numbers on the T case are 022814, 309003-2, 5361332, c300-15-2. I don't know if that can tell you the year or not, I also have pictures on the Transfer Case on my Gallery.

I hope that helps... Thanks for your time!

If I had to bet on which would wear first, aluminum or steel I would have to say the aluminum. the pivot , unfortunately is a part of the front cover plate for the front output shaft and there are no expendable bushings there.
I see three options; live with it, find a used one in better shape than the one you have and last, drop the TC, remove the cover, have it bored for bronze bushings and be good for another 130 years.:cool:
If the TC is shifting OK I would not see anything wrong with any of these options.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom