'73 304-V8 - Vaccuum Line Diagram

'73 304-V8 - Vaccuum Line Diagram

dunebuggy18

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1973 CJ5 "Project" Jeep - Frame Swap in Progress! 304 V8, Dana 30 front & Dana 44 rear (3.73 gears), T15 3 spd. & Dana 20 Transfer case, 4" lift and 33's. /

2008 JK - 3" lift, 35's, Sleeved Dana 30 front axle and Dana 44 rear with 4.88 Gears, HD tie rods & trackbar, and...
I have a 1973 CJ5 with a AMC 304 . The PO installed a manual choke cable (that needs help) and removed every vaccuum line, etc. Anyone have a carb and vaccuum line diagram for a '73? It runs amazing well, but is :censored: TOUGH to get started when it's cold... :confused:

I've looked in my chiltons and to my suprise it shows mostly AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l 's in it so this would be great info. These guys on this site are great so they will help find it. I'm going to rebuild an old AMC 304 setting in the shed this winter with my boys 9 and 6 so that should be interesting. But I think the sooner you get them involved the more intrest they will have in it not to mention the skills and know how.

I am just starting the process of finding out what I have. The PO(s) did some really great mods, and some really scary stuff. The fun part is finding (and fixing) the scary stuff! Goal number one, making it road/trail worthy so I can have some fun between mod/repair projects. The last PO tattoo'd "Jeep Junkies" on the hood.... I like it!

f_engineupdatm_9a1fb52.jpg

Thanks for the diagram and where did you find it I know most likly on the net but I'm not that computer savy or net savy. Still learing

Thanks for the diagram and where did you find it I know most likly on the net but I'm not that computer savy or net savy. Still learing
I went to google.com and put in "AMC 304 vacuum line"
Then In the upper left I pressed where it said "images".
That brought up all kinds of vacuum diagrams. As I paused my mouse over each image it would give me more info. I could see some images were for automatic transmissions and there were other reasons some didn't apply. When I found what looked right I clicked on it.

That's awesome! Thank you very much! I had found several other diagrams that were either close or incomplete. This definitely fills in the blanks! :chug:

Thanks for the leason on the easier ways to find info on the net. At work I do mostly mechanical work on the lines when something breaks use the computer to find parts but thats about it. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom