76 CJ7 w/10 GM rear end and lockers

76 CJ7 w/10 GM rear end and lockers

lrnmic

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ7 304ci GM 10 bolt 6 lug on 38.5 Super Swampers TSL,
This is my first jeep. I have traded for it and very excited to drive it. It starts right up and does move but there is a problem with the rear end. It knocks and at times the left rear will spin. I started a forum on craiglist:

{forumTitle} forums - craigslist

And i have had alot of help so far. I lifted it up today, the right tire turns with ease forward. when i go backward it catches. The left tire however, does not move freely either way. It took a little effort to move it at all, but when i did turn it the drive shaft turns and the gears inside turns. It was just a pain to turn.

Seems like a brake is on. I have two lights on the dash as well. Not sure if they are on because its not connected or because of this.

It looks like you have some sort of lunch box locker, a lock right maybe?

I have no idea what type exactly. ive had this a week so far and i have been all over trying to get info on the parts and help getting it going. The title said 72 but it turns out to be a 76. Everything seems to be original except the lift, axles and the rear drive shaft?

You say you have lights on the dash, does the diff, have a wire running to it? If so it might be some sort of electric locker.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom