82CJ Speedometer Cable Replacement

82CJ Speedometer Cable Replacement

CJ Ironcity

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7
I just bought my first CJ and the Speedometer is not working. The needle will spin if I use my finger. I bought a new Speedometer Cable. Does anyone have instructions or a link to a video on how to install.
Thanks. Brad

If it is actually the cable that was bad, it's pretty easy. Just unscrew from both ends and route the new one the same way (make sure will not be in the way of any moving parts hot stuff etc.) and re install same way.

Should connect to both the spedo gauge and transer case on the drivers side (at least on my Transfer Case ...)

I do see (now) that yours is about 8 years newer than mine, so the dash may be more of an issue...

It may be the gear inside the Transfer Case though, not the cable itself... I would disconnect the cable from the Transfer Case and leave on the spedo and try it from there with low speed drill to make sure it actuall7y was the cable first...

Hope this helps... Had to write fast at work :cool:

If you need more help, fill out info in profile / tell us the Transfer Case model you have... Then people might have more exact / precise info and help for ya...

~ JR

No problem and welcome to the site!

Mine needs replacement too, but i was too lazy and just downloaded a spedo app for iphone lol WIll get to it later, got llarger things to take care of first on mine...
:chug: ~ JR

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom