Air Filter Housing for 258

Air Filter Housing for 258

Scottys84

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7 Laredo, 258, 999, 300, 20, 30
Hey guys,
I'm having a hard time finding a factory air filter housing for my '84 with a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . It has a BBD carb. Is there a suitable alternative from an AMC car or any other source? Thanks for any direction!
Scott

Any late 70's or 80's AMC vehicle, Eagle, Gremlin, J series truck, Concord, Wagoneer with a stock AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l /BBD combo used the exact same air filter housing. Check ebay, I see them on there quite often, or check your local craigslist for someone parting out a vehicle, heck even your local junk yard might have on of those other AMC vehicles sitting in it.

I hesitate to send you towards Collins Brothers only because their prices are really high for what you're getting. Granted its a good quality parts, but it's going to be expensive.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I called Collins Bros. Ummm...yeah, I'm gonna pass on it for what they wanted. Looks like I'll be hittin the salvage yards this week.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I called Collins Bros. Ummm...yeah, I'm gonna pass on it for what they wanted. Looks like I'll be hittin the salvage yards this week.

What where they trying to get out of one, was it new or used ? I went to the site but could not find it...?

I was quoted $199 + shipping. I guess that's fine if that's what the price is but I'm not gonna pay that.
I assumed it's used but I didn't ask.

I was quoted $199 + shipping. I guess that's fine if that's what the price is but I'm not gonna pay that.
I assumed it's used but I didn't ask.

Thanks, I hate to guess how many of those Ive pitched over the years.

I see your in Glendale, you probably know about the "AMC 4x4" Jeep Junkyard ? Last time I was there, they had allot of YJs, but still had a decent selection of CJ stuff, considering how hard it is to come by up here, I thought it was decent selection.

Yeah AMC Salvage. I was there last week gettin a few things.

Is that place still run by "Nacho" and the old lady that owns the place ?

Im headed for Sedona some time this year, and was thinking about wandering down there. Last time I was in town, I took home 4 Yj tubs and a 1972 Commando. I brought parts down to them and did a swap/purchase. We need tubs up here, you guys, not so much.

I have no idea who owns it. I dealt with a woman there tho.

Yeah, if its the same middle aged lady, she owns the place, her husband and her built it, he passed several years ago. She had a guy in 30s named Nacho, "running" the back of the store, I did my dealing with him, she would collect the money.

I kind of thought she would have sold the place by now, that was just a hunch. I lived/worked in Phoenix for a short while about 7 years ago, and have some friends down there.

my god $200 bucks, thats riciulous as hell if you would have asked this 6 months ago i would have sent you one for the cost of shipping. cleaned out the garage and tossed it. i wouldn't have linked you that if i'd have known they would be that high.

I've got one. I'll sell it for $20 + shipping.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom