Air lock has me stumped

Air lock has me stumped

bones

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
!983 cj5. 258 engine 4sp stock, 2009 h3 hummer.
Hello All.
Did a little preventative maintanance today and now I am stumped. Flushed the radiator and changed the antifreeze. Now I think I have a air lock in the heater. The heater will get up to maybe half of what it should be when driving but when it goes back to lower rpms it blows cool air again. Have let it idle for about a half hour with the fan on, driven it uphill, down hill, reved it up,Doesnt seem to change. The heater hoses are fairly warm but not as hot as i think they should be.The radiator is clean. I have run into this before but never taken this long to get it right. Yes the heat was fine before the fluid change and its a 50 50 mix with prestone . Any ideas. :(:(:mad::confused: Thanks Bones

If you have a high point CRACK the nearest clamp with the engine running and see if you get the air to come out.

pull the t stat and run the engine without it for a while and see if that forces the core in the heater to fill up. I sounds like the heater core is not getting filled up for some reason and with the t stat out you will be getting a totally free flow of fluid that may just do what is needed, worth a try.

I will try both fixes tomorrow. What is the recomended degrees on the thermostat? My engine fluxuates Between 180 and 190.And it does not have a shroud. Dont know whats in it. Its just wierd that it cools off so fast at idle and just a little rpms and its warm. This has to be the worst i have ever delt with. Its almost as stubburn as me. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. Thanks for the replies. Bones

Take your floor jack and raise the front of the vehicle to get the radiator neck as high as possible, then start the engine and let it get to operating temperature.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom