amc 20 addative

Hello i was wondering how much addative to replace in an AMC20 rear end with a tracloc in it. Also is synthetic oil worth putting in?:confused:
When you buy the additive it will come in a small bottle, about an ounce or two, add the whole bottle for your tracloc diff.

after looking online at parts store offerings I see some of gear oil are for Limited slip diffs. Does this mean they have the additive in them already or do I still need to add additional additives?

You need the additive. Some Limited slips are mechanical. Others use fiberish disc`s. One oil cannot do both.

Add the additive first and then top off with gear lube. Reccomend a GL-4 rated lube. The AMC20 was designed around a different based oil then what is commonly available today. Just cause an oil is the latest and greatest formulation does not mean it is correct (and can be bad) for your application.

Non synthetic convenentail gear oil is the right stuff. At least as close as your gonna get.

Last edited:
Yep, additive and convectional oil... Best for the TracLok clutches... :)

Per post #3, :) It really depends on the concentrate, but - it is usually sold one "dose" per diff.

Cheapjeep was probably correct anyway cuse from what I have been told your trac-loc was worn out the first time it went off road. Mine had one and it behaved as if an open carrier so unless you have a fresh unit I would not worry about any additive.
Please keep in mind anything you read here is totally unofficial in nature and to be taken with a grain of salt. ;)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom