AMC 304 ignition upgrade question

AMC 304 ignition upgrade question

brian613

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ5 amc 304 Np 434 tranny twin sticked dana 20 transfer scout II dana 44's locked front and rear with 4.88 gears
ok i have a 77 CJ5 with the prestolite ignition and i wanna upgrade to something better what are my options?

team rush is a member here too. He just doesn't check in to offten.:(

I have a 78 CJ5 with a AMC 304 . I upgraded my ignition about 10 years ago with a Jacobs "Mileage-Master" ignition pak. I think Accel bought them out. But it was the best thing I've done to it so far. Hotter spark upped my mileage from mid 10's to mid 13's. I'm running 32" tires on a 3" Pro-Comp suspension lift. Gave the motor noticeable pep, too. I think anything with a stronger spark will do wonders for ya! :)

ive heard allot of bad stuff about the prestolite ignition but i have to say that this AMC 304 has all kinds of pep for having it. but i know it needs to be upgraded to something newer/efficient any way.

just out of curiousity i know i will have to upgrade my ignition so if you are on a budget of say 200 why not get a new hei distributor from summit the have a few there as cheap as AMC 150 up to 400?

TFI is easier, cheaper and works better than HEI, uses all stock off the shelf parts. Do you see a down side?:cool:

just out of curiousity i know i will have to upgrade my ignition so if you are on a budget of say 200 why not get a new hei distributor from summit the have a few there as cheap as AMC 150 up to 400?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom