Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK SPORT
2004 TJ RUBICON
1979 CJ 5
1979 CJ 7
I am in the process of installing Hedman hedders(inside framerail) on my '79 CJ5 with the AMC 304 V8. The passenger side bolted up perfectly, but I am having difficulty with the driver side. I can not get the hedder positioned properly from underneath due to clucth linkage and it will not go in from top side due to stearing linkage. I was told to losen motor mounts and raise the engine, then slip the hedder in. Does any one have any other suggestions?

I am in the process of installing Hedman hedders(inside framerail) on my '79 CJ5 with the AMC 304 V8. The passenger side bolted up perfectly, but I am having difficulty with the driver side. I can not get the hedder positioned properly from underneath due to clucth linkage and it will not go in from top side due to stearing linkage. I was told to losen motor mounts and raise the engine, then slip the hedder in. Does any one have any other suggestions?

That's not a unusual method of installation.;)

I usually pull the clutch linkage apart to remove/install my headers-

Bush

Headers in general are notorious for being a pain to install :chug:

Just wait till you see the issue with the steering shaft. You will likely have to tweak that as well.
Ernie

My headers dump right off of the heads- fenderwell headers usually have the steering shaft issue-

Bush

Are they in frame, fenderwell, or do they make both? I will be in the market for a new set soon-

Bush

1972-1986 Jeep CJ5 , CJ7 and CJ8 Headers AMC 304 -401 V8
Headers for 1972-1986 Jeep CJ5 , CJ7 and CJ8 with AMC 304 -401 AMC V8 Engine. Part number THY-605Y-C and THY-605Y-S-C. These headers are set up for dual exhaust and exit inside the frame rails.

These Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers are constructed of 14-gauge tubing with 3/8-inch flanges to give you the best quality you can get in a header! Plus they are ceramic coated to give a lifetime of performance.

Tube Size: 1-5/8-inch Primary and 2-1/2-inch Collector
Lifetime Warranty on Headers as well as Ceramic Coating
Made in USA

The Tri-Y style header is the same type Carrol Shelby used on the original
Shelby GT-350 Mustangs in 1965-66'
:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom