Another Quadratrac Thread

Another Quadratrac Thread

JAG811

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'57 CJ6 & '78 CJ7
I know every one's got their thoughts on ditching the QuadraTrac for something tougher but I kind of like it as it signifies the vintage of the CJ.
I've posted photos in the build forum of the leak I have at what seems to be where the auto connects to the QuadraTrac .
I've pulled the Transfer Case out and now it's time to operate ... from the diagram I have it looks however that the case needs to be split to access two oil seals ???
Is there anyone out here who has pulled one down ?? Can any one give any advice ??
I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow .. :confused:

Ok I split the Transmission adaptor/mount plate but I found no gasket. Four bolts and off she comes.
When looking at photos of all of the gasket kits for the QT it seems as though there is a gasket for this.
It also looks as though there is an oil well whereby if the Transmission oil does make it through the back to back oil seals, it will only escape through the well.
I think this must have been what mine was doing as the oil seals seem a little stiff and one is cracked.
I'll have a go at getting the seals out tonight and I'll try Allied Bearings to see if they can part match. If not it's a seal kit through Quadratec.

Sooo .... those oil seals do not come out from the front .... I'll need to operate.
So I'm off to order a seal kit. I'd like to look at a rebuild kit, but for $250 I think I'll stick to the seal kit for now ... also, I checked the belt tension and it seems tight with only a tight 1/4 inch movement when checking so it must have a relatively new belt.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom