Auto tf999 help!!!

Auto tf999 help!!!

Berg

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
85 cj7 laredo
I have the FSM and it shows the adjustment for the throttle control linkage but I don't understand the second half of the instructions can anyone simplify? Te tranny worked fine until I put on my Weber Carb and the shifting issues have been getting worse and worse. HOW DO I FIX IT!!!!?
Please and thanks

is it a vacuum issue?

No it is mechanical...you need to move the lever on the tranny all the way forward ,then make sure the linkage at the carb has a little slack....to tune it go out the road and go about 45/50 then stomp the gas it should shift to second gear and watch the tach to see when it shifts to third .... to get it to shift earlier adjust the linkage at the carb to close the gap....to get it to shift later thread itfurther back to increase the gap

Ok I will try that. Thanks I appreciate the help. I ordered a transgo stage 2 kit and a lokar dipstick for it too which I should get tomorrow or saturday hopefully. I will post this evening on the results. Thanks again!

If your manual confuses you find a MOPAR guy he should be able to adjust it fairly quickly :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom