Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'83 Jeep CJ7 350 auto...more to come!
'79 Jeep Cherokee 4door
'08 Nissan Pathfinder Offroad
'92 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo

'09 Harley Davidson Road Glide
'01 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
OK... just purchased this '83 CJ7 . I have no history on the Jeep due to purchased at auction. What I have discovered in the last few days since bringing her home is the following..

350ci engine
Automatic
300 Dana TC
Dana 30 front
Model 20 rear

Running 33x14.50x15 tires...
My question is if you had a '79 Cherokee sitting in your side yard like I do with Dana 44 's front and rear, would you swap those axles in? I have done a extremely involved axle swap of Dana 44 's into my last YJ which was a major improvement over the stock axles. Are the same benefits here? Will these bolt right up if I go this route? This is my first CJ.

OK... just purchased this '83 CJ7 . I have no history on the Jeep due to purchased at auction. What I have discovered in the last few days since bringing her home is the following..

350ci engine
Automatic
300 Dana TC
Dana 30 front
Model 20 rear

Running 33x14.50x15 tires...
My question is if you had a '79 Cherokee sitting in your side yard like I do with Dana 44 's front and rear, would you swap those axles in? I have done a extremely involved axle swap of Dana 44 's into my last YJ which was a major improvement over the stock axles. Are the same benefits here? Will these bolt right up if I go this route? This is my first CJ.

The big problem is the front axle on a cj is a pass.side pumpkin and the cheroke is a drivers side

Actually the '79 Cherokee has a passenger side carrier just like the CJ.. I think that switched in '80 to a drivers side.

The spring perch width is different. but not hard to change. With a V8, worth the effort.

What is the difference in wheel track. How wide are they?? more to the point, what is the difference in width?? What ratio?? You do have disks on the front of the Wagner do you not?? It could be a cool thing.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom