Back left doesn't work in 4wheel

Back left doesn't work in 4wheel

Rust Bucket

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'75 CJ5 304 3 speed, '12 GMC Terrain, '07 F-150
So, my front end diff is hosed, but I thought the back left tire would engage in 4wheel. Instead, I have a 4wheel drive Jeep that only functions as a 1wheeler! Sigh!!! I plan on replacing the front end in a dew months, but I need an opinion on the rear. How should the rear end operate? Is it only Limited slip and if so, when should it engage the left?

On a positive note, the best way to learn how your Jeep drives is a six hour offroad trip in 2wheel. These beasts really are the best at what they do!!!!!

So, my front end diff is hosed, but I thought the back left tire would engage in 4wheel. Instead, I have a 4wheel drive Jeep that only functions as a 1wheeler! Sigh!!! I plan on replacing the front end in a dew months, but I need an opinion on the rear. How should the rear end operate? Is it only Limited slip and if so, when should it engage the left?

On a positive note, the best way to learn how your Jeep drives is a six hour offroad trip in 2wheel. These beasts really are the best at what they do!!!!!

You are finding out how 4-wheel drive works from the ground up.:laugh:
Most Jeeps are 2-Wheel drive one on the front axle & one on the back axle.
Limited slip gives a Limited amount of power to the other side, but not if there is no friction at all. It helps to ride the brakes a little to increase the friction.
For true 4-Wheel drive you might want to consider a "Locking Differential".
They send power to both tires even if one is off the ground.;)

You are finding out how 4-wheel drive works from the ground up.:laugh:
Most Jeeps are 2-Wheel drive one on the front axle & one on the back axle.
Limited slip gives a Limited amount of power to the other side, but not if there is no friction at all. It helps to ride the brakes a little to increase the friction.
For true 4-Wheel drive you might want to consider a "Locking Differential".
They send power to both tires even if one is off the ground.;)

Yep X2:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom