Trans breather on T5

Trans breather on T5

Warren Attard

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ7 258 T5
Hi everybody, I'm here looking for some insight.
I have an 86 CJ7 , and after an engine rebuilt I am putting some things together.
During the process I found that the Transmission (T-5 ) has a plugged breather hole with what looks like a sleeve. - picture attached

I am assuming that this was a breather hole as I found a hanging around breather pipe and seems it only goes to this point.

The tranny is in place so it wont be easy to show you the location of the mentioned plugged hole so I am attaching a picture of a T-5 to show you were this plugged hole is.

I'm kind of confused on this,.. can maybe someone help me out with how his T-5 and breather outlet looks like.

Thanks all!

DSC00363.png

2471beed-2efc-4c72-b0bf-fa73fb106f5d.jpg

My T-5 doesn't have a breather but my Dana 300 does.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Offhand I don’t really remember my T-4 having one. I could be wrong. Just don’t remember it.

IIRC, that's the correct location.
Looks like the cap is missing.

I'll look closer whenever the rain stops I don't remember seeing that. It would be on the driver's side according to the picture. But also not have a hose going to it

Just peeked at mine and it’s just a hole. Might have some sort of insert in it/cap (front, upper passenger side, next to bell housing). Don’t think this one is vented.
BTW, anyone want a T-5 , it’s going away soon.
Pay for shipping and it’s yours.IMG_7561.jpegIMG_7562.jpeg

Last edited:
Just peeked at mine and it’s just a hole. Might have some sort of insert in it/cap (front, upper passenger side, next to bell housing). Don’t think this one is vented.
BTW, anyone want a T-5 , it’s going away soon.
Pay for shipping and it’s yours.View attachment 102116View attachment 102117
Krupp, thank you! You have been very helpful! Yours is exactly like mine. Seems like the T-5 's on the CJ7 are not vented.

Krupp, thank you! You have been very helpful! Yours is exactly like mine. Seems like the T-5 's on the CJ7 are not vented.
Both of my T-5 's are vented at the location indicated in my last post.
Look at item #39 in the exploded view.

I'll look at mine tomorrow

Ya mine doesn't have a breather

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom