buick v6 which one

buick v6 which one

Dayle

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 only mod motorcraft 2bbl no emissions on it after a fire, 195? CJ3B project have not start on it yet
Hey guys i need a opinion. I just got an old CJ3b . It has a stuck 1974 Dauntless Buick 225 V6 in it. Probably will have to be rebuild. I have a buick 252 v6 with a stock 4bbl that has a bad bearing on the crank. Not knowing a lot about v6's which would be the better build? Not looking to build a rock crawler, just a good fun jeep. any ideas? thanks Dayle:)

scrap the v 6 and go v8. any flavor you want be it chevy, amc, ford, dodge, you can get one to fit no problem

I'd try to unstick the 74. it might still be ok. Worth a try anyway.
IMHO a V8 would be way to tight in a 3b.

Stick with the V6
no issues you will have to cure to get that V8 in
the v6 fits in the jeep without having to move the drive train around
that is why Jeep went with V6s, when they added a v 8 they added 2 inched to the jeep in the engine dept.
Any Dauntless Buick 225 V6 is good the 225 is legendary for it's torque but that is because it had a 50 pound fly wheel

for the weight of the engine, the weight of the vehicle, the wheelbase and the foot print, go with the Dauntless Buick 225 V6 . it just matches up to well

Pull the plugs and shoot some PB Blaster or squirt in some motor oil in each plug hole.
Let it sit over night then try to turn it over using a breaker bar.
If it doesn't budge give it a heavier squirt in each cyl thru the spark plug holes,
and let it sit then try to turn it again if it still doesn't budge. It's time to have it
rebuilt.

scrap the v 6 and go v8. any flavor you want be it chevy, amc, ford, dodge, you can get one to fit no problem

Have you seen any of these V8 engines mensioned in a 3B? if so did they use solid or rubber engine mounts?:wtf:

I would go with the 252 for the sole reason it is an even fire engine.

and the problem you have with the oddfire engine is?

I mean seeing as how they are legendary for their perfromance

tell me what the 252 has over either of my odd fires please

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom