Carb Problem

polish85

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5 I-6
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
So after waiting for 2 weeks for my new weber 2 bar carb to come in i go to put it on and i think its the wrong one! maybe someone can tell me right quick if im correct.
I took the old carb off the manifold and the manifold had 2 bolt sticking up from it. When i was putting on the new carb, the adapter had a 4 bolt hook up. So i started thinking that maybe it just needs 2 bolts so i put it on anyways and the adapter wouldnt go all the way down due to the bolts were hitting the side of it. someone please tell me im just stupid and dont know how to put this thing on and that its not the wrong part! I have a AMC 232 i6 I-6 and the part i ordered from weber said it fits for this engine.

Last edited:
I don't know enough about Weber carbs to say for sure, but it sounds as though you might have the wrong mounting adapter.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
So after waiting for 2 weeks for my new weber 2 bar carb to come in i go to put it on and i think its the wrong one! maybe someone can tell me right quick if im correct.
I took the old carb off the manifold and the manifold had 2 bolt sticking up from it. When i was putting on the new carb, the adapter had a 4 bolt hook up. So i started thinking that maybe it just needs 2 bolts so i put it on anyways and the adapter wouldnt go all the way down due to the bolts were hitting the side of it. someone please tell me im just stupid and dont know how to put this thing on and that its not the wrong part! I have a AMC 232 i6 I-6 and the part i ordered from weber said it fits for this engine.

I don't know enough about Weber carbs to say for sure, but it sounds as though you might have the wrong mounting adapter.

So after a lot of calling around and finally getting ahold of weber, they said i need shorter studs and that should solve the problem. I purchased new studs today and will try to put the carb on today. Will let you know if this solves the problem. I will finally post pictures once i can drive the jeep!

So after a lot of calling around and finally getting ahold of weber, they said i need shorter studs and that should solve the problem. I purchased new studs today and will try to put the carb on today. Will let you know if this solves the problem. I will finally post pictures once i can drive the jeep!

Got the new studs and installed the carb. When i tried to crank the car i wasnt getting any fuel into the carb! I called Weber to see if there was something special that i needed to do and they said the motor will pull the fuel it needs because its a manual fuel pump. Someone please tell me what i could do before i go crazy! Also my linkage cable to my gas pedal is now 2 long. do i have to buy a new one or can i cut it somehow and reajust it to make it work

On my 77 the cable is mounted on a bell crank which is mounted on the exhaust manifold and a rod connects the throttle to that bell crank. If yours is the same your cable would not have changed.
Can we have a few pictures of this?? I am not the one to help you with the carb, there are plenty of guys that have been down that trail and know more than I do but I may be able to help with the linkage.:cool:

On my 77 the cable is mounted on a bell crank which is mounted on the exhaust manifold and a rod connects the throttle to that bell crank. If yours is the same your cable would not have changed.
Can we have a few pictures of this?? I am not the one to help you with the carb, there are plenty of guys that have been down that trail and know more than I do but I may be able to help with the linkage.:cool:

will post pics at 530 when i get back from work. thanks

What about the carb stud? You have to make sure that the carburetor is firmly secured.

So after a long time of messing with the carb i decided it was time to go to the shop. When they gave it back to me they said i had everything hooked up right just didnt have the choke wired up!!!! runs great now! Here is a picture

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom