Carb question

Carb question

plumcrazy

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 CJ5, '83 DJ5, '04 Silverado
Can anyone tell me the difference between a Motorcraft 2100 and the 2700 carbs, other than 600. Will this work on a AMC 304 . My carb is junk and I could do a rebuild or replace it with a new 2700 that's knocking on my door. :confused:

Motorcraft didn't make a 2700 series carb. The stock 2 barrel carbs for some years of AMC 304 's was a Motorcraft 2100. Do you have a picture of what you're looking at?

Can anyone tell me the difference between a Motorcraft 2100 and the 2700 carbs, other than 600. Will this work on a AMC 304 . My carb is junk and I could do a rebuild or replace it with a new 2700 that's knocking on my door. :confused:

I think that is a variable venturi carb that Ford used. I think it has the same flange pattern, but I have no operational knowledge.

Exploded View of a Motorcraft 2700VV Carburetor

Find the part you need by number:

expvw08.jpg

You just keep proving me wrong LongHorn :chug:

If the variable venturi carb is a 2700, that is definately not what you want plumcrazy.

Spent a little time researching the Ford Variable Venturi carbs. There are 2700 series and 7200 series Variable Venturi carbs. However, no one had anything good to say about these carbs. They were Fords attempt to make a carb/trottle body injection hybrid before they went to fuel injection. They are apperantly overly complecated, difficult to work on and difficult to keep tuned correctly. They were found on Crown Vics, Mustangs, and some F series pick-ups. Again, LongHorn, as long as you're around I'm going to have to triple check my info :).

Im pretty sure I have what you need. What venturi size? I'll grab a pic when I get home from work.

Great info guys, I think I'll just rebuild my 2100 for now, until I can find a good deal on a 4 barrel set up. Thanks

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom