Carb stumble

Carb stumble

bigge

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
85 cj7 258 manual big project
sometimes when im rolling down the road my carb just seems to cut out and the whole engine gets quiet for maybe a second then ill give it some pedal and its all god and every once in awhile it just stumbles any ideas?

also another question the jeep lately has been a bear to start in the morning itll finally kick over after a while but its close to battery draining.

the carb was rebuilt by a meachanic to get it to pass smog.

sometimes when im rolling down the road my carb just seems to cut out and the whole engine gets quiet for maybe a second then ill give it some pedal and its all god and every once in awhile it just stumbles any ideas?

also another question the jeep lately has been a bear to start in the morning itll finally kick over after a while but its close to battery draining.

the carb was rebuilt by a meachanic to get it to pass smog.

Sounds to me like your mechanic messed something up when he rebuilt the carb. He should make it right for you.

Posting on this thread in case my issue is the same. I just bought an 83 CJ7 , and drove it home about 600 miles. About 200 miles into the trip, while in 4th gear I would notice some choking or stumbling. The Weber carb has the silver, numbered for the fuel pressure. It was at 4. I thought that lowering it would help - the opposite happened (got way worse) so I put it back to 4. From there, I was fine for another 200 miles. Then i stopped for the night, and when i finished up the trip in the morning, it was fine.

Story short - something bad is happening, but it seems to only happen in 4th gear and seeminly only after driving on the highway for some duration.

Thoughts?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom