Carter BBD

Carter BBD

greene166

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7 Automatic 258eng
I have had my carb apart and cleaned it. The mixing screws were moved with out being noted of their orginal postion. Any advice on getting the mixture right? Thanks.

2 to 2 1/4 turns out is a good starting place. i adjusted mine untill the exhaust stop smelling like gas. i have a motorcraft carb now though and it runs alot better and dont stall out on big hills.

Right now I have a sustained idal that is smooth at times and jumpie (eng is bouncing) at times. The main problem I experience is rough acceration and about 10mpg. I have recorded 15mpg with this carb and eng before. One other thing is when I had the mixing needles out the point were pitted. Would this have an effect on get a good setting. Might look into the motorcraft option. Thanks.

carter bbd carbs always have a idle problem. you can drill the idle tubes out. i would look at ditching it and go with a motorcraft or weber.

anybody know what model number for the Motorcraft? I would like a reasonable price bolt on replacement for that stinky carter..my idle sucks and it has absolutely no power. please advise.

Tim

MC2100 but with 1.08 venturi size (stamped on the side). I have a MC2150 with 1.08 and it works fine too. Got mine for 25.00 at a pull-a-parts yard, maybe 35.00 for a rebuild kit from any local parts store(extremely easy to rebuild), and maybe 14.00 for an adapter plate off summit racing's webiste.

Well worth it.

Larger than 1.08 venturi size means it is for a larger motor, more fuel is needed.

MC2100's are the most common carb ever probably, look under any ford hood. I "believe" the 1.08 venturi was common on ford 302 ci motors, thus similiar in size to the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . Perhaps someone will chime in if I am wrong. Good luck!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom