Changing Clutch Linkage to...?

JR74CJ5

Missing-Presumed Wheeling
Lifetime Supporter
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1974 CJ5 ~ Fresh built AMC 360 - SM420 - D20 - D30F with upgraded 30 spline shafts and knuckles & D44R - 4.27 Gears - ARB Lockers F/R - All chrome molly axles - on 33's - YJ 4" Lift Spring Conversion
I have a 1974 CJ5 with AMC 304 / T-15 / Dana 20

Has the old linkage for clutch. Heard nothing but evil about linkage. Considering Cable or Hydraulic conversion.

Seen a few posts dogging the cables too, but Grandfather and Uncle both use the cable. Just the best from their time kind of thing?

Found a lot of info on Hydraulic conversion, not much on cable conversions (how to's etc).. Hydraulic looks pretty easy. Buy Master, Slave hose and some custom bracket making and customizing. Only thing i dreading is moving the wiring through firewall for the mater to go through like brake master from pedal.

Thoughts on either conversions or helpful hints / links / kits would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers :chug: (love that smiley!!)

That's actually pretty cool... Had seen a few posts about chain linkage. I'll look into that option a little further as well.

Does anyone have experience with this type of conversion?

I'm basically wanting to do away with the linkage falling off / binding during 4 wheeling on the trails. I live in California about 1 - 2 hours from the Rubicon trail. Would like to have no problems on it. I've never experienced the linkage problem first hand, but hear its a definite problem...

~ JR

Thanks CJ... I'll check that out... Seems like i did screen through it before joining this forum... forgot where i had seen it. XD

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom