choke cable holley carb....

derekcj5

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5 AMC304 T150 Dana 30/Aussie Locker Model 20/Trac Lock

1941 Willy's MB
anybody know where the choke cable should hookup on a 650 double pumper? ive messed with all the levers it seems like and cant quite figure it out.... doesnt seem like my butterflys are closing with any of them

anybody know where the choke cable should hookup on a 650 double pumper? ive messed with all the levers it seems like and cant quite figure it out.... doesnt seem like my butterflys are closing with any of them

The only "butterfly" that closes with the choke cable is the one at the top of the choke horn. Not the ones on the throttle plate.;)

you know those round flappy things that close off the big holes in the top of the carb. yea the metal lever that makes those open and close is the choke lever.

there should be a rod that goes up to the choke plate and a bracket at the other end that kicks the choke open at WOT there should be a place on that bracket to attach the cable to. here is a pic of where it should attach just below the screwdriver you see the bracket that holds the cable, the cable actually attaches to the linkage right above it
0903chp_02_z+holley_700_electric_choke_kit_install+removed_manual_choke_housing.jpg

here is a good site that will tell you everything you need to know about tuning a holley carb Carburetor Tuning the Scientific Way

im well aware of which flys are suppose to close...i cant figure out where to put the cable on the lever to make it function correctly

hey thanks cheapjeep... understood me to a T thanks

Screw that choke. Just drop bigger jets in.:D

derekcj5, are you putting this on your AMC 304 :confused:

Screw that choke. Just drop bigger jets in.:D
yeah ive got the off road jets in it... im just sick of seeing my choke cable wrapped up in a loop out of the firewall not hooked up to anything

no old dog ive got a 600cfm holley electric choke vacuum secondary 80457-3 :)... this is on my buddies rig... heres a pic of mine

yeah ive got the off road jets in it... im just sick of seeing my choke cable wrapped up in a loop out of the firewall not hooked up to anything

Cathedral bowl Holley's aren't the best for off road, the floats tend to bounce
The side mounted float bowls can be spring loaded to help out in this area.
A 650cfm dbl. pumper on a AMC 304 , should give you about the same mileage I get with my 401.;)

Cathedral bowl Holley's aren't the best for off road, the floats tend to bounce
The side mounted float bowls can be spring loaded to help out in this area.
A 650cfm dbl. pumper on a AMC 304 , should give you about the same mileage I get with my 401.;)

I guess I jump the gun on that one.:eek:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom