choke/carb parts

choke/carb parts

228jeeper

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
86 CJ-7, 258, Desmogged, 4 speed T-176, Carter-Weber 2731, headers (no idea what kind), K&N Air Cleaner. Everything else stock as near as I can tell
My jeep's previous owner installed a manual choke but just sort of rigged it. I purchased a new kit hoping that it would have the parts necessary to do this properly but it was missing one thing, the retaining clip to hold the new cap and linkage onto the choke body. Any ideas as to a part number for a replacement? I have the Carter Weber 2731. Also, the actuating rod that goes upwards from the back of the choke body and connects into a lever that works the butterfly keeps slipping out. It has a groove in it like there should be some sort of fastener to keep it in. Jeep is somewhat hard to start when cold and I have to adjust the choke from under the hood, but once it is warm, it runs fine. Any suggestions? Sorry for no pics, just not in a position to do that right now, so I tried to describe the problem as accurately as I could. Thanks.

this is more than likely what it had on it.:cool:

Hairpin Clips and other Pins & Clips at MSCDirect.com.

you may want to look through the catalog, it is going to cost $10 to ship six clips. And they will put them in a package about the size of a shoe box. You may see something else you need.:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom