CJ-7 Rebuild

CJ-7 Rebuild

BTC

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Jeep CJ7,1984 Jeep CJ7
I have a 1979 CJ7 , 5.0 V8, Auto tranny with QT basically stock. I'm in the process of rebuilding it from the ground up and in the process I have come across many donor parts from a 89 YJ with a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l I6 and AX-15 5-speed.

I have 2 options that I'm toying with, 1) Placing the CJ on the Yj frame and using the YJ motor and tranny and 2) Using the YJ AX-15 with my CJ.

Would it be difficult to place the CJ body and cowl on the YJ frame?

Would it be easy to mount the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l on the CJ equipped with V8 mounts and what is involved?

Is the AX-15 compatable with the CJ QT or do I need to swap axles too?

Thanks ahead of time.

I have a 1979 CJ7 , 5.0 V8, Auto tranny with QT basically stock. I'm in the process of rebuilding it from the ground up and in the process I have come across many donor parts from a 89 YJ with a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l I6 and AX-15 5-speed.

I have 2 options that I'm toying with, 1) Placing the CJ on the Yj frame and using the YJ motor and tranny and 2) Using the YJ AX-15 with my CJ.

Would it be difficult to place the CJ body and cowl on the YJ frame?

Would it be easy to mount the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l on the CJ equipped with V8 mounts and what is involved?

Is the AX-15 compatable with the CJ QT or do I need to swap axles too?

Thanks ahead of time.

Im not sure how far you got in this post since its old but I thing the CJ tub on the YJ frame would be easier then swaping the YJ power train into the CJ

swapping the YJ power train would require the moving of the axles and the springs are different sizes.

If you did do any of this and you have a set of v-8 motor mounts from the CJ available id be interested in buying them.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom