cj5 and cj7 water pump diffrent?

cj5 and cj7 water pump diffrent?

cjnewbie

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj7 360 3 speed
ok this is knind of a long story to get to the point but becuse of a problem i now need a waterpump pulley for my 79 CJ7 i ordored one from j&w salvage yard but it is not suposed to be here until wendsday so i have a friend doing a 76 CJ5 so we took the pulley off his it is a AMC 304 and i put a 360 in mine but used all my old pulleys anyway we took his pulley and tried to put it on my cj and it is bigger in diameter so it hits the crank pulley so now i am affraid the one i ordored will be to big also does anybody know if the 76 CJ5 should have a diffrent pulley than my 79 CJ7 ?

There are two different water pump snout lengths. What is the distance from your pulley locating surface to the mounting flange of the pump?

A common problem is what options the Jeeps were set up with, so they had differnt pulley setups for different options. Power steering etc. So when you ordered the part and were not specific they sent what was in stock, they did nothing wrong as they sent to your specs, If you had wanted a pully that was single, or double with this paticular belt size, you need to mention that. See if the old pully will come off the old part and go on the new.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom