Clutch Kit?

Clutch Kit?

cww2140

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-250 AND 1979 JEEP CJ 7
hey guys i just bought me an 79 CJ7 not to long ago and started to work on the Drivetrain some. The guy told me that the clutch is going bad and said i needed to replce it? What do you recommend for me to put in it? and some cheap places i can get it from. thanks

Hello cww2140 and welcome to our site! :chug:

You don't state engine or Transmission so we can't give you specific part numbers... :(

The clutch for your CJ is readily available...

If you need a clutch fast your local auto parts store can order a stock replacement.

Is the engine stock? Summit Racking has pretty good prices on aftermarket heavy duty clutches. -->> Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts l 800-230-3030

Give us an idea of the engine and Transmission and addons and we can give much more help.

The only way to know which clutch to get is to take it out and measure it.
'79 was a transition year it could be 10.5" or 11".
I pulled mine and took the clutch disc to the local autozone and picked up a new one. For a DD I recommend a diaphragm style pressure plate for offroad I recommend a Borg and Beck, it'll provide more clamping pressure.

thanks guys for the help....everyone keeps telling me to get that centerforce one. so i might just get it. thanks again

thanks guys for the help....everyone keeps telling me to get that centerforce one. so i might just get it. thanks again
Unless your really doing some serious off roading - you don't need a centerforce clutch... DO NOT listen to those who just preach...

The stock clutch has kept many CJ's running for years... :)

save the cash for something you really need. Trust me there will be plenty of opportunity to spend money on this project.:cool:

thanks ya'll i not sure yet what i wanting to use it for.....thanks again for the advise. i sure i will have more questions to come

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom