Clutch noise

Clutch noise

jeepjunkie

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
86' Jeep CJ-7
I just installed an engine from an 85' into my 86'. Everything is running great and I love the fact the 85 didn't have all kinds of emission stuff to worry about. I noticed that when the Jeep warms up a bit that I hear a spinning noise when I engage the clutch.

It gets louder as the engine is running and is even makes it when I hit the brakes hard which I think is due to the wight of the drivetrain pushing against the clutch plate.

My question is, is this a throw out bearing and if so how long can I drive it like this before taking care of it. I wanted to take the jeep with me on vacation which is about a 3 hour ride away?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the throw out bearing to me as well, did you grease the pilot bushing? If it isnt to annoying yet then I would think you will be ok :chug: thats my 2cents

My question is, is this a throw out bearing and if so how long can I drive it like this before taking care of it. I wanted to take the jeep with me on vacation which is about a 3 hour ride away?

Thanks in advance.

How long will it last? Hard to say, but keep in mind that it is only under load when you engage the clutch. Otherwise, it's floating. In other words, don't sit at a stop light with the clutch in any more than needed.

It only has so many minutes of loaded spinning. Use them wisely.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom