Coil Wiring 4.2 OEM to D.U.I

Coil Wiring 4.2 OEM to D.U.I

dwyant30

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
86 CJ7 with 258ci NP435 Dana 300 Dana 30 Front Dana 44 Rear Howell TBI Sitting on 33s.
My AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l currently has a OEM coil and distr. The question I have is that it currently has a red and a red/white wire going to one side, and the black to the other. Is the red/white wire supposed to go there? The wiring diagram I have is not the best.

The other question I have, is where these wires are going to connect when my D.U.I distro arrives. I suppose waiting for the instructions would be a good idea, but I'm a little giddy about it. :D

I checked the DUI site for install info but saw nothing. Maybe info will come with the goods? should be easy enough but I can't help.:eek:

I checked the DUI site for install info but saw nothing. Maybe info will come with the goods? should be easy enough but I can't help.:eek:

Update

So I purchased one of these per some good advice.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-850520/

I simply plugged the large plug into the factory harness, ran a 12 guage wire to the dist, put the connector on that came with the distr, and plugged it into the "batt" terminal. Works like a charm as far as I can tell! :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom