Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 Jeep Cj5 Renegade
I258 1987 Engine
Aisin Warner Ax15 Transmission
Dana 300 Transfer Case
I have a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l 1987 engine in my 80 CJ5 . I was hoping someone had a diagram of the coolant hose layout as there isn't one in my book. . .

you could pick up a Hayne's or Chilton's manual. Or, go to the library. Most of them carry the service manuals. I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything.

I have the chiltons manual but it does not show the hose layout unfortunately. So if there are any other ideas I would appreciate it.

The big opening on thebottom of the water pump goes to lower rad. The smaller opening on the water pump should run to the front of the intake then should exit out the intake and run to the intake(top I think) inlet of the heater core. Then the output on the heater core should run to the smaller port on the thermostat housing. And finally the larger port on the thermostat housing should run to theupper rad inlet.

The big opening on thebottom of the water pump goes to lower rad. The smaller opening on the water pump should run to the front of the intake then should exit out the intake and run to the intake(top I think) inlet of the heater core. Then the output on the heater core should run to the smaller port on the thermostat housing. And finally the larger port on the thermostat housing should run to theupper rad inlet.
100% correct sir if it has a factory intake. if not you can bypass the intake, by routing the small hose off of the water pump to the inlet of the heater core (top hose) then bottom hose of heater core back to the t-stat housing, then of course upper and lower radiator hoses.

100% correct sir if it has a factory intake. if not you can bypass the intake, by routing the small hose off of the water pump to the inlet of the heater core (top hose) then bottom hose of heater core back to the t-stat housing, then of course upper and lower radiator hoses.
thats how mine is routed now that I have 4.0 stuff in the top

You should reroute it back through your intake, keeps it from getting too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. I think any way

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom