cracked motor mount bracket

cracked motor mount bracket

CJ777

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ7, 2001 silverado, 2005 A4,41 F100,77 F350
Found a cracked motor mount bracket last night, it is the bracket that mounts to the frame(bolt on). I was getting started to drop the oil pan for maintenance and realized I needed to remove the motor mount ( pass side) and the starter. After removing some old mud on the bracket i noticed the crack. I'll postpone dropping the oil pan until I get a set of new motor mounts now.

This gives an excuse to get some after market mounts/brackets. I checked out some from M.O.R.E.. They say these are a good bracket for lifts of 4" or more and helps eliminate vibrations by re-establishing drive train geometry, also stronger alternative. Anyone have any recommendations, or what have you done ?

Found a cracked motor mount bracket last night, it is the bracket that mounts to the frame(bolt on). I was getting started to drop the oil pan for maintenance and realized I needed to remove the motor mount ( pass side) and the starter. After removing some old mud on the bracket i noticed the crack. I'll postpone dropping the oil pan until I get a set of new motor mounts now.

This gives an excuse to get some after market mounts/brackets. I checked out some from M.O.R.E.. They say these are a good bracket for lifts of 4" or more and helps eliminate vibrations by re-establishing drive train geometry, also stronger alternative. Anyone have any recommendations, or what have you done ?

I run the "MORE" V-8 mounts, they are the best I've ever run. Not cheap though. A company called "Brown Dog" has some interesting products, for 6 cyl. only.View attachment 1735

View attachment 1736 The factory AMC Jeep motor mounts are the worst I've ever seen.:eek:

I run the "MORE" V-8 mounts, they are the best I've ever run. Not cheap though. A company called "Brown Dog" has some interesting products, for 6 cyl. only.View attachment 1735

View attachment 1736 The factory AMC Jeep motor mounts are the worst I've ever seen.:eek:

That post wasn't very clear. Those are the "MORE" mounts on my 401V8.

I must agree that the AMC mounts are not the best I have ever seen. I have broken a couple on the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . I was also a bit disappointed with the oil filter directly above the motor mount, a trip to the car wash is required with every oil change. A cracked frame mount would get my attention, for sure.:eek:

The more motor mounts look/sound good, they recommend a 1" body lift along with intalling the mounts.

Looks like the steering assembly project will have to wait awhile longer.:(

What engine? What year CJ? The MOREs are direct replacement for a v8 on early CJs.

I'm gonna assume it's for the 77, I bet you can get by without the body lift... :)

Well , I took the plunge and ordered the m.o.r.e. motor mounts, steering brace, and bracket. I figured it was a good time since they are offering 20 percent off everything right now. :eek:

Well , I took the plunge and ordered the m.o.r.e. motor mounts, steering brace, and bracket. I figured it was a good time since they are offering 20 percent off everything right now. :eek:

All quality parts, you won't be disappointed.:D

those four words that will make a married man break into a sweat and start trembling with fear "it was on sale"

Thanks, they definitely look heavy duty/trick, the most important part is holding up to the stresses of the trail.

I've had mine for several years & they are hanging in there.;)

I've had mine for several years & they are hanging in there.;)

Glad to hear it, i may have to submit your quote as evidence to my wife that i am making wise choices. I also tell her that it is mainly for safety issues.:)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom