Dana 300 leak

Dana 300 leak

Az84cj7

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 cj7 Inline 6, mopar fuel injection , T5 trans, dana 300, Dana 44's
Got a Dana 300 that has a leak from the rear. The case works perfectly fine but the leak seems to be getting worse. Can I just change the rear seal or do I need to pull it? Thanks

Is it leaking where the rear yoke is attached? If so yes you can replace it without removing the TCase.
Put the jeep in 1st and 4WD low. Use wheel chocks.
Remove the rear drive shaft. There is a large nut in the center of the yoke. Remove the nut and then the yoke. The seal is behind the yoke. It's part #8 in this drawing.
DANA300_parts.jpg

I will have to double check to see if its coming from the yoke. Why does it have to be in first gear and in 4low. IS this so you can loosen the yoke nut. Just curios. thanks

I will have to double check to see if its coming from the yoke. Why does it have to be in first gear and in 4low. IS this so you can loosen the yoke nut. Just curios. thanks
Yes, you may turn the nut, engine and move the jeep if your not careful. My jeep is high enough that I would do that with the jeep on the ground but if you lift the front end make sure the tire doesn't turn. That nut is not easy to turn.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom