dana 35

dana 35

jwill22

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 Cj-7, rebuilt 258i, Carb-Motorcraft 2150, TFI ignition, T-176, Dana 300, dana 30 in front, Rear Dana 44, 4in lift, 33in tires, 4:10 gears
i was just looking around craigslist today, and saw someone was selling a set of YJ axles, front d 30, and back d 35, since i already blew out my front axle ive decided to upgrade my gears to 4.10..... this guy on craigslist who selling these axles already has 4.10 gears inside them. so my question is, would the d35 out of the YJ fit my CJ7 ??? im thinking the money i have to spend on the upgrade on gears and master kits i could just be upgraded my axle since mine is an AMC20 in the back. all id have to do now is buy gears for my front axle. he was selling the pair for 500, but individually he is selling them for 300. any thoughts would help. thanks.

run far and fast the d35 is a weak pos, fix the AMC20 its alot stronger. you will break the 35 quick. i would suggest regearing the AMC20 , one piece axles, welding the tubes, and putting on a truss then you'll almost be as strong as a Dana 44 . but then again you could find a set of 44s to put under it that is already geared 4.10. but don't waste your time or money on a d35

The D35 is not known for it's strength.

You 'blew' out your Dana 30 ? What exactly does 'blew' out entail. Specifics please? :)

i guess blow out to me, is that my gears were all tore up along with the sun-gears i think they're called and hmmm pieces of the carrier unit as well. i was engaged in 4wd and it was stuck didnt accelerate or anything, and was on an incline, pushed it out, and just heard all this tearing going on. before i pushed it out, i tried disengaging 4wd but it wasnt letting me, so i think thats when it got stuck and with that push everything. went crumble.

As the others said, You don't want the D35.
You don't want the front Dana 30 either as it's a driver side drop
and you need the passinger side drop.
You will need to find a Dana 30 out of another cj.

I hope he is giving the D3 away, he could not even get a junk yard to give him any money for it.
no the Dana 44 will not fit under the CJ
either rebuild the Dana 30 , they are good axles if treated right. or look for another axle with the passenger offset to it

Dana 35's are junk. Go with a Scout Dana 44 front end and cut it down.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom