De-smogged CJ?

De-smogged CJ?

228jeeper

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
86 CJ-7, 258, Desmogged, 4 speed T-176, Carter-Weber 2731, headers (no idea what kind), K&N Air Cleaner. Everything else stock as near as I can tell
I have an 86 CJ7 that has been de-smogged. What exactly does that entail? There are several wires coming through the firewall that are not attached to anything. What are these and can I just do away with them? Thanks

mine has been desmogged, basically, no cat, wiring to the certain sensors have been cut ....you wont be passing any emmision test here....uh....anytime if those have been done

but it may not matter to you....in georgia 25 year old vehicle doesnt require emmision testing....im not sure on your state

De-smogged, can mean a number of differnet things, it depends on who you ask. Basically, like carrajeo said, the catalytic converter, air pump and associated tubing and any kind of sensor (more than likely O2) have been removed. You may or may not have had the factory computer overriden, you may or may not even have the factory carb.

Pictures are probably going to be the only were we can definativly answer this question for you.

Factory computer has been removed and carb has been changed but I dont know what kind. I will get some pics up over the weekend. I need to take some anyway to remember where things go.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom