Distributer/ignition upgrade ?

Distributer/ignition upgrade ?

Jroch

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 1985 CJ, 2006 E250
Pretty simple question I think? Looking at changing out the distributer to this MSD Ignition 8523K MSD Billet and Pro-Billet Distributors My question is this do I also need to get the igntion module? looking to get away from the points, which can be a pain in the arse to adjust etc:

It looks like from the parts list, you will need the ignition module. Seems kind of pricey, their are cheeper solutions to get rid of the points. HEI or Teamrush.

It looks like from the parts list, you will need the ignition module. Seems kind of pricey, their are cheeper solutions to get rid of the points. HEI or Teamrush.

Yeah I just found my answer also and I do indeed need the Module which is another 167$ :mad: Pretty pricey investment for a motor I am not convinced I am keeping for the long term

I would have a problem with installing a pricey distributer that I could not buy a cap and rotter for in east podunk Arklahoma at 2:00 on a Sunday.:)

I would have a problem with installing a pricey distributer that I could not buy a cap and rotter for in east podunk Arklahoma at 2:00 on a Sunday.:)

That's why I run straight HEI in my rig. You can find parts anywhere.;)

just a thought, look into pertronix

Ignition Products

converts your stock distributor to electronic. if they have one for your distributor you can save big bucks and you can use your stock cap, rotor, and coil. we have done several of them and its is about a 5 on the 10 scale for difficulty. we always rebuild the distributor when we when installing it, but if your distributor is in good condition, you could be ok.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom