Dual outlet header

Dual outlet header

silverbullit

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 jeep cj5, 1977 dodge power wagon m880,
I have been trying to figure out if I want to put these on my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l Hedman Hedders 99600 - Hedman Street Hedders – SummitRacing.com I am just wondering if I went with these headers if it would make i sound better and not like a rice burner and if I would be able to run side pipes. and if these aren't worth it what would the best muffler be for loud but good sound I am currently running a short 12" long cherry bomb and it drones around 2000rpm thanks

I have been trying to figure out if I want to put these on my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l Hedman Hedders 99600 - Hedman Street Hedders – SummitRacing.com I am just wondering if I went with these headers if it would make i sound better and not like a rice burner and if I would be able to run side pipes. and if these aren't worth it what would the best muffler be for loud but good sound I am currently running a short 12" long cherry bomb and it drones around 2000rpm thanks
I like the Flow Master Super 44's personally.:D

Whoops I forgot the sidepipe question. IMO sidepipes would not be practical because working the pipes around your transfer case is to much hassle. Another option is to run a Flowtechbig-50170flt_w.jpg Terminator muffler for a Chevy truck backwards. You run 2 1/2" pipes off your collectors to the reversed muffler with 3" single pipe out the back. It's real low restriction and simplifies the plumbing issues. I know it sounds weird but the Terminator mufflers were designed to flow either way. :cool:

I run a stock header for now, but have just a pipe with a longer cherry bomb. It has a nice deep tone and sounds good. I also run 33" super swampers but sound isn't bad. I'll measure the pipe I forget what size it is, but my exhaust dumps basically under the driver seat and out the side toward the ground.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks